Mergers & Acquisitions Associate
In addition to possessing impressive academic credentials and extensive legal knowledge, you should have a strong commercial acumen, a deep understanding of the market, and a passion for the dynamic nature of international deal-making.
Your ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in writing and verbally, will be vital in negotiating effectively and facilitating the smooth exchange of information between practice groups, clients, and stakeholders. As a key member of large, multidisciplinary, and international teams, you should have a collaborative approach and the ability to engage with a diverse range of legal and business professionals.
As a proactive and self-motivated individual, you should take ownership of your work product and demonstrate a high level of skill, talent, and commitment to consistently deliver outstanding results.
- Drafting and reviewing legal and technical documents
- Conducting legal and technical research
- Analyzing commercial and legal information
- Working directly with clients
- Involvement in due diligence, including analysis of agreements and their descriptions
- Drafting legal memoranda on various commercial and corporate law topics
- Managing junior associates and graduates as part of the team
- 5+ years of post-qualification experience
- Experience in large-scale M&A transactions within the energy and resources sector
- Strong academic record and ability to think creatively
- Team player with excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and handle pressure when working on multiple projects
- Strong drafting skills and experience in reviewing legal and technical documentation
- Good understanding of the key risks and issues involved in cross-border transactions
- Familiarity with advising on various commercial contracts